Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I came up with more catalogues to add to this blog during my 18 hr snooze fest on Monday. First, I am about to embark on a new novel, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by S. Clarke. It follows the recent tradition of reading a long novel annually. OK, i'm a lousy reader. I don't usually remember the stories i read, nor appreciate the themes in them. I read books for the present gratification and never ponder hard about them. Not a good thing. I'm not exactly good at this sort of thing.

Anyway, i did 'Crime and Punishment' in 2003, worked through it in Spain... while nursing a horrible illness, and till now, I don't really understand it. haha... Did 'Anna Karenina' in 2004, raced through it in the summer hols. This was slightly more comprehensible. Then I did 'The Good Soldier Svejk' in 2005. Again abroad in Perth this time. I really liked it, but a pity the book was incomplete. The author never got to finish writing the book.

In 2006, for some reason, I didn't have the fortune of reading a long one. But i'm back this year. Long books take quite some time to get through... and I'm reserving July 2007 to be Harry Potter month. Going to re-read the earlier 6 books in anticipation of Book 7. It makes good sense to recap all that's happened to better appreciate Book 7.

So, there. I've done another catalogue. Told you i'm a little controlling and obsessive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home